Welcome to the Piddlin Library, here you will find many informative articles about different parts of the Great Smoky Mountains and surrounding areas. We’re going to highlight some of the more popular articles, so you can see for yourself what we have to offer.
Let’s start with Lodging and Accommodations. There are various articles written for your viewing pleasure that discuss a number of important things for you to take into consideration when you’re considering buying a cabin and then renting it out. You’ll find some great tips that will help you save money and time in the long run. You can read about the top ten mistakes that people make when they rent out their cabin, you can read about the best way to make use out of a property rental management company, and you can get some good ideas on how to best make sure your rental property is available for when YOU want to use it!
Another great category to check out is The Top Things to Do. If you’re going to be vacationing in the Great Smoky Mountains, you’re going to want to make the best of your time. Whether you’re planning on horseback riding through the hundreds of trails, or checking out Oktoberfest in Ober Gatlinburg, you’re sure to find something that fits you and your family. You wouldn’t want to miss eating out at the restaurants that provide live entertainment, nor miss out on the best golfing courses that the area has to offer!
If you’re getting married in the Great Smoky Mountains, that’s another category you’ll want to read up on. There is some great information about how to best plan your wedding to fit the season that you’ve decided to tie the knot in. You can read all about how to match your venue to your budget, how to pick your flowers to match the backdrop, and of course, how you’re going to spend the night (and following nights if you’re staying for a honeymoon!) with your new life partner.
There are also various posts written about points of interest in the Great Smoky Mountains. If you’re a history buff, you might want to visit some of these historical points and see for yourself why they’re still an important part of the Great Smoky Mountains. This also goes for the Smoky Mountains historical articles. Take time to read up on some of the more interesting historical tidbits we’ve compiled for you: such as the Trail of Tears, the Cherokee Indian Timeline, and how the Smoky Mountains first came to be hundreds of thousands of years ago! You can also read up on things such as the wildlife in the Great Smoky Mountains, the myths surrounding the black bears that you might encounter during your stay, and money saving tips that will make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
If you’re planning to visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, take the time to read up on some of the information we’ve compiled for you. You might find out more than you expected!
- - Horace Kephart and The Smoky Mountains
- - Great Smoky Mountains History
- - Cherokee Indian Timeline and History
- - Plants and Wildlife of the Smoky Mountains
- - Money Saving Tips
- - The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- - Types of Wildlife in the Park
- - The Legend of Spearfinger
- - Living Memories: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- - Legends of the Great Smoky Mountains
- - Cherokee Indians in North Carolina
- - Smoky Mountain National Park Creation
- - Myths of the Black Bear
- - Mysteries of the Great Smoky Mountains
- - Top 10 Campsites in the Smokies
- - Horseback Riding The Great Smoky Mountains
- - Top things to do in the Smoky Mountains
- - Learn about Ober Gatlinburg
- - The Journey Through Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- - 7 Restaurants With Live Music in the Smokies
- - Golfing in the Smoky Mountains of Sevierville
- - Mystery Mountain History of the Lost Sea
- - Family Reunions and Romantic Getaways in Gatlinburg
- - Outdoor Activities to Enjoy in Townsend
- - 10 Quick Tips And Recommendations About Gatlinburg